Broccoli is one of the vegetable which is very good for health, and is always refused by children to eat. Here is the simple but yummy recipe which i tried to make it myself. I have never come across this recipe before anywhere. so i can say its my recipe. My daughter loves it.
Broccoli - 1 cup
Cauliflower – 1cup
Onion – 1 chopped (optional)
Tomato – 1 chopped
Geera or cumin seeds – 1 tspn
Oil – 3 tspn
Garam masala – 1 tspn
Chilli powder – ½ tspn(as much as you like)
Turmeric powder -1/4 tspn
Salt to taste
- Wash the Broccoli and Cauliflower, boil them.
- meanwhile, heat 1 tspn oil in a kadai or frying pan. Add cumin seeds and let them splutter. Add curry leaves.
- Then add onion and fry till golden brown. Then add tomato and salt. Mix well, cover it and cook for 3 or 4 min. By doing this the tomato will cook nicely and with the back of the spoon press them to make paste.
- Now add all the powders. That is chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and mix well.
- Now add Broccoli and Cauliflower, mix well, cover and cook till the vegi's absorb some masala(say about 5 min)
- Garnish with coriander and take off the heat. You can garnish with grated coconut as well.
Serve with chapatti. Its great. And also Can make as wrap by applying butter to chapati.