Spinach is very good for health. especially for kids. so you can make this recipe and pack for lunch. they will like it.
Rice – 1 cup
Spinach or Palak – 1 cupOnion- 1
Ginger-Garlic paste- 1 tspn
Garam masala- 1 1/2 tspn
Red chilli powder or green chilli- ½ to 1 tspn
Salt to taste
Oil – 3 tbspn
Cumin and mustard seeds- 1 tspn
- Wash the rice and soak them for half an hour. And cook the rice with 2-3 cups of water and some salt. Keep it aside so that it is cool.
- Cook the spinach for 5 min with little amount of water then grind it into paste
- Heat oil in a pan. Add Cumin and mustard seeds, let them splutter.
- Add ginger-garlic paste. Then add onion. Fry till golden brown.
- Then add all the powders. That is Garam masala, Red chilli powder or green chilli, and mix well.
- Add the spinach paste, salt and cook for 2-3 min.
- Mix with the cooked rice.
- Add some fried cashewnuts if you like.
Things to be considered:
- Don’t cook spinach too much, because it will loose its nutrients.
- Don’t over cook the rice and make mashy. Let the grains be separate.