Poha or flattened rice or avalakki – 1 handful
Mung dal – 1 handful(around ¼ cup)
- Mix all the ingredients in a large container. Wash them and soak for around 6 hours.
- After 6 hours of soaking, grind them into nice fine paste to the consistency as shown in above image.
- Keep this mixture in warm place for overnight. If its not warm place then can take 14-16 hours to ferment.
- Next day the mixture will appear bubbly.
- Now add salt and sugar and keep for 5-10 mins.
- Heat the pan, pour some batter and make round shapes and cook on both sides by applying oil. If you think the dosa will stick to the pan then add 1-2 pinch of bi-carbonate soda to the batter. And also cover the pan while cooking.
- Apply butter and serve.
Serving Suggestions:BREAKFAST MELA by Srivalli.