I Always wanted to make eggless cake. Found hundreds of recipes and tried them too and i was disappionted many many times. But wanted to make a perfect eggless cake as we dont eat eggs. Here is the perfect one. You cannot go wrong with this recipe. I prepared this cake for my daughter and husband. They loved it and finished it all the same day. My daughter came to me the next day and asked weather i can prepare another cake for her.
Ingredients:Maida - 1 and 1/2 cups
Thick Curd - 1 cup
Sugar - 1 cup
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Baking powder - 1 1/4 tsp
Cooking oil - 1/2 cup
Vanilla essence - 1 1/2 tsp
- Sieve maida keep aside.
- Put sugar and curd in a mixing bowl and mix until sugar dissolves completely. Add baking powder, baking soda to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Leave aside for 15 mins and you can see the bubbles appearing. Now add vanilla essence,cooking oil and mix well.
- Next slowly add maida in portions at a time and blend with wet ingredients. Beat well with a whipper until creamy and thick.
- Preheat oven to 200 deg C for 10mins.Meanwhile greese the baking tray and pour the mixture into it.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200 degree C for 10 mins, then reduce temperature to 180 deg C and bake it for 25-30 mins.
- Then enjoy the perfect eggless cake.
Icing can be done in two ways
1. Icing sugar + water
2. Icing sugar + butter.
1. Icing sugar + water:
Take 4 tbspn of Icing sugar and add some water(about 3 tspn). Mix well till you get the right consistency. then spread on the cake. Mix 1-2 drops of food colour in the remaining icing and make decorations.
2. Icing sugar + Butter:
Take 4 tbspn of Icing sugar and add some butter(about 3 tspn at room temp. you can add some water as well). Mix well till you get the right consistency. then spread on the cake. Mix 1-2 drops of food colour in the remaining icing and make decorations.
Sending this to BAKE FEST from Zesty Palette.