this is the easiest puran poli ever. because it does not require any expertise in this field. My mom told me this recipe on phone and with her instructions i prepared it and the result was awsome. anybody and everybody can prepare it. yuuuuummmmmmmyyy!!!!!!
Rava or semolina(fine or extra-course)- 1 cup
jaggery- ½ cup
cardamom powder- 1/2 tspn
water- 2 cups for fine semolina and 3 cups for extra-course semolina.
plain flour- 1/2 cup
wheat flour(wholemeal or chapati flour)-1/2 cup
***Alternatively you can prepare dough with only wheat flour. (That is above ingredients for dough without plain flour.)
- In a mixing bowl, add plain flour,wheat flour, salt.
- Heat 3-4 tbspn of oil and add to the mixing bowl.Mix it well with water and make into a smooth dough.dont make it too though.let it be very smooth.
- keep it aside for 1/2 an hour.
- Put the water in a vessel and bring it to boil. Add jaggery and cook until jaggery melts.
- Filter the mixture. Keep it to boil again.
- Add semolina and mix well and cook till it attains the consistency as shown in 1st image.
- Now grease your hands with oil. Take small amount of dough. Make it flat.
- Take double size filling and fill it into the dough so that the dough covers the whole filling. As shown in picture 2.
- Apply oil and roll it on a flat surface by applying oil.
- shallow fry on the pan both sides.
Serve hot with ghee and popadum Or sugar syrup.
Things to consider:
- Dont let the dough very though. Make it very smooth. this is because if its very though the filling will not spread evenly.
- Dont roast the semolina or else it will not cook in the jaggery and water mixture. If the semolina smells then just warm it a little.