Palak or spinach – 250 grms(washed and chopped)Geera and dhaniya powder- ½ tspn each
Red chilli powder- ½ to 1 tspn
Turmeric- ¼ tspn
Salt to taste
Oil – 3 tbspn
Cumin and mustard seeds- 1 tspn
Butter(optional) -1 tspn
- Heat oil in a pan. Add Cumin and mustard seeds, let them splutter.
- Add ginger-garlic paste. Then add onion. Fry till onion are golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and salt. Mix it well and cover the pan so that the tomatoes turn into paste.
- Then add all the powders. That is Garam masala, Geera and dhaniya powder, Red chilli powder, Turmeric and mix well. Fry for 1 min.
- Add paneer cubes, mix well and cook till they are soft.
- Then add spinach or palak and mix well and cook for 3-4 mins to retain all the nutrients in spinach. If you cook more the the healthy nutrients are lost.
- You can add butter or cream or even curd(yogurt) at the end and take off the heat.
Serve hot with chapatti.