Suji or fine Samolina – 1 cup
Ghee – 2 tbspn
Cardamom power - ¼ tspn
Sugar- 1 cup
Water- 2½ cups
Cashewnuts(optional) - 10
- Roast the semolina or suji in 1 tbspn ghee till it’s a little light brown (not too much) and keep aside now.
- Roast the cashewnuts in ghee till they are golden brown.
- Meanwhile put water and sugar in a saucepan or a vessel and bring it to boil.
- And when the sugar is melted and ¼ tspn of cardamom power. This will bring the best flavour.
- Now add the remaining ghee and semolina. Stir well.
- When its cooked and turn into paste like consistency, take off the heat.
- Decorate with cashewnuts. Cashewnuts can be added in the boiling water and sugar mixture as well.
Serve hot with ghee and papad.