Sunday 1 May 2011

Beetroot-Carrot Salad


I always like to eat healthy salads with my meal, so i
Experiment lot of things. This is one of the results of my experiments. I like it so much that I prepare it every alternate day.

Ingredients:
Beetroot- 1 cup grated
Carrot- 1 cup grated
Onion- ½ chopped
Green chilli- 1 or red chilli powder-1/2 tspn
Salt to taste
Oil- 1 tspn
Lemon juice-1 tbspn
Coriander

Cooking Method:
  • Heat oil in a vessel. Add onion, fry for sometime. Add green chilli or red chilli powder.
  • Add grated beetroot and salt. Cover it with the lid and allow to cook for 2-3 min.
  • Add carrot and mix well. (if you want carrot to be soft then cook for 2 more mins otherwise just cover it with the lid and turn off the heat)
  • Add Lemon juice, mix well and Garnish with coriander.
Serving Suggestion:
Serve as side dish with chapatti, or any bread.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About Me

My photo
Whiteley,Fareham, Hampshire, United Kingdom