Methi- 2 bunch (cleaned and cut)
Wheat flour or atta- 2 cups
Salt to taste
Oil- 3 tbspn
Geera- 1 tspn
Onion- 1 medium sized finely chopped
Red Chilli powder- ½ or 1 tspn
Turmeric powder- ¼ tspn
Garam masala- 1 tspn
Gram flour- 2 tbspn.
- Heat oil in a vessel. Add geera, let them splutter. Then add onion and fry till golden brown.
- Then add methi and stir well. This reduces the size of methi and discharges water.
- Add salt and cover with a lid and cook for 3-4 mins.
- Then add chilli powder, Termeric powder, garam masala and gram flour. Mix it well
- Take atta in a mixing bowl. Add ½ tbspn salt and the above mixture from the vessel.mix well.
- Kneed it well with water to get a smooth dough.keep covered for 15-30 mins.
- To make paratha, sprinkle some flour on flat surface and roll a small amount of dough, to make a round shape. Other method is to place a plastic bag on a flat surface, ally some oil and roll the dough . both tastes good but I feel Oil is better.
- Now cook the paratha on both sides on a frying pan with oil.
Serve hot with pickle and curd or yogurt. Can also eat with butter and pickle