Yellow spilt peas- 1 cup
jaggery- 1 cup
cardamom powder- 1/2 tspn
plain flour- 1/2 cup
wheat flour(wholemeal or chapati flour)-1/2 cup
- In a mixing bowl, add plain flour,wheat flour, salt.
- Heat 3-4 tbspn of oil and add to the mixing bowl.Mix it well with water and make into a smooth dough.dont make it too though.let it be very smooth.
- keep it aside for 1/2 an hour.
- Put the water in a vessel and bring it to boil.add yellow split peas and boil until they are cooked well.
- drain the water and add jaggery and heat till the jaggery melts.
- Take it out from heat and grind the mixture to very smooth paste.Dont let any yellow split pea to remain.
- Now grease your hands with oil.take small amount of dough. Make it flat.
- Take double size filling and fill it into the dough so that the dough covers the whole filling.
- Apply oil and roll it on a flat surface by applying oil.
- shallow fry on the pan both sides.
Serve hot with ghee and popadum.
Sending this to CELEBRATE SWEETS~STUFFED SWEETS event.